compiling PCL

I am using Allegro CL 3.0.1beta for the Sun4. When I attempted
to compile Victoria Day PCL with speed=3 and safety=1,
the procedure went fine until I got to the file "construct.cl".
The functions DEFCONSTRUCTOR, EXPAND-DEFCONSTRUCTOR compiled.
While the function LOAD-CONSTRUCTOR was being compiled, I got
the error message: "Invalid initialization argument :NAME for
class STANDARD-SLOT-DESCRIPTION."

I was able to compile PCL successfully when speed and safety were
both set to 1. Anybody know how to fix this?
  Tony Maida
  maida@shire.cs.psu.edu