Re: debugger extensions

Very high on our list, for the next version of Allegro CL, is a fast
and highly integrated (wrt the debugger and inspector) version of
CLOS.  I believe all of your concerns will be answered by our
supported version CLOS.

As for a hook to determine frame visibility, this is a good idea.  You
can advise debug:frame-visibile-p to experiment with this, which
returns `t' it a frame is to be visible, `nil' if not.   It takes a
`frame' as an argument, and here are some frame operators:

	(debug:frame-name fd)
	(debug:frame-expression fd)
	(debug:frame-arglist fd)

If you need help with the `advice' code, let me know.

Kevin Layer, Franz Inc.         1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
layer@Franz.COM (internet)      Berkeley, CA  94704
uunet!franz!layer (uucp)        Phone: (415) 548-3600; FAX: (415) 548-8253