Re: initialize-common-windows

Well, I don't know.. only that I experienced that problem with common lisps
before due to a version problem.

I'm confident that this will tell you, after looking at old & new CLX sources
and trying with old & new versions.

[This should work for any dialect of commom lisp, with most any version of CLX.]

(if (and (boundp 'xlib::*version*)
         (string> xlib::*version* "MIT R4.2"))
    "This should be recent enough"
    "You don't have the more recent version.")

(if (not (find-symbol "ATOM-ID-MAP" (find-package "XLIB")))
    "You definitely need the newer version."
    "Well, I'm sorry; I don't know what the problem is.")

;; -todd