Echo streams in allegro-4.0

Hi,

I wrote some code that reads input from a file and echoes it to the
terminal using an echo stream. When I tried to port it to our Allegro
platform I ran into the problem that Allegro-4.0.1 seems to echo some
characters twice (see script at the end of the message).
Do I make too strong assumptions about echo streams, or is this simply
a bug?

Thanks for any help,

Hans

hans@cs.buffalo.edu
Hans Chalupsky, Dept. of CS, 329 Bell Hall, SUNY@Buffalo, NY 14260.

-------------- Echo stream script --------------

2 (vodalus) > more echo-lists.lisp
(a little list)

(another little list)

3 (vodalus) > acl
Allegro CL 4.0.1 [Sun4] (2/8/91)
Copyright (C) 1985-1991, Franz Inc., Berkeley, CA, USA
<cl> (setq s (open "echo-lists.lisp" :direction :input))

#<EXCL::CHARACTER-INPUT-FILE-STREAM @ #x630df6>
<cl> (setq es (make-echo-stream s *standard-output*))

#<ECHO-STREAM @ #x641466>
<cl> (read es)                ;; Note the extra ) in the echo
(a  little  list))

(A LITTLE LIST)
<cl> (read es)                ;; and again

(another  little  list))

(ANOTHER LITTLE LIST)
<cl> (close s)

<cl>