Re: [spr5879] background-interaction

>> Is there elisp code available that will put the lisp
>> *background-interaction* buffer in a new or separate screen, when
>> evaluating a region or defun?  (I'm using Allegro Common Lisp 4.1 -
>> incl. FI 2.0 - under Epoch 4.0p1).

The function lep::create-listener-stream in lisp/fi/stream.el is
responsible for creating the buffer.  If I remember correctly, there
is an Epoch variable that you can bind/set to t that will cause new
windows to be put into a new screen.  If in
lep::create-listener-stream you bind this variable to t, then you'll
get the *background-interaction* buffer in a new screen.

Hope this helps.

-----
Kevin Layer, Franz Inc.         1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
layer@Franz.COM (internet)      Berkeley, CA  94704  USA
Phone: (510) 548-3600           FAX: (510) 548-8253