drawing maps in CLIM

Hi,
  I would like to be able to draw a world map using the Small World
Database (SWDB).  I can do this in CLIM but the loading time and
displaying times are just about unusable.  The unfiltered database
consists of 8000 points.  I have filtered the data down quite a bit,
but loading and drawing is still too slow.  This doesn't even count
the need to zoom in and scroll through the map.  So, what would be the
best way to do this? Is there some way to create an image object some
how that can be quickly translated or scaled as needed by the user?

  Any information/suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

| Charles P. Lombardo			|           lombardo@cs.nps.navy.mil |
| Computer Science Department		|		 voice: 408-646-2102 |
| Naval Postgraduate School		|		 fax:   408-646-2814 |