request for beta testers for ANSI logical pathname patch for ACL 4.1

We have implemented ANSI logical pathnames (actually, with this patch,
pathnames in Allegro CL are fully ANSI compliant) and would like to
make the patch available to users of Allegro CL 4.1 that would like to
use it.

One of the incompatible changes mandated by the ANSI spec is that
symbols are not coercable to pathnames, and this change is implemented
by the patch.

The documentation for the patch is essentially CLtL-2 pages 615-37.
The ANSI chapter on pathnames and the X3J13 proposals explain
the new features pretty well, too.

Send me mail if you feel your situation would allow you to
significantly use logical pathnames in the near future.

Thanks.

-----
Kevin Layer, Franz Inc.         1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
layer@Franz.COM (internet)      Berkeley, CA  94704  USA
Phone: (510) 548-3600           FAX: (510) 548-8253