Allegro CL\PC

Anyone have experience yet with the PC version of Allegro?
I am thinking of acquiring it and porting our AP5 spec
language extension to Lisp to it.

Is it CLtL edition 1 or edition 2 compatible?  Is its CLOS
implementation up to date?  Is it buggy?  Is its garbage
collector good?  Does it do ephemeral garbage collection?
How good is its windows interface?  How usable is its runtime
packager?  Does it run fast enough on a 486-DX33?  Overall,
are you as comfortable with it as with other mature Common Lisps?

Dennis Allard
allard@isi.edu