[spr8239] package-lock warning messages

> Date: Thu, 29 Apr 93
> From: Eyvind.Ness@hrp.no
>
>                                        ... What is so strange, in my
> opinion, is that you can't *locally* override a cl-symbol within the
> body of an FLET or LABELS without getting lots of annoying warning
> messages. Note that I'm not making a permanent *change* to the
> cl-definition - it's only a *temporary* redefinition of it.

I'm curious as to why you want to overide a cl-symbol, globaly or
locally. The main reason I've seen to do this is to overcome specific
problems porting code written for a different language varient. Is
there a general programming situation or style where this is the
correct problem solving method?

--Jon Degenhardt