Communicating Lisp images

Do you have any examples/samples of code that facilitates
communication between two ACL images?  What I want to do is implement
a simple eval server where an ACL image (4.2beta) acts as a client and
communicates with an ICAD image (ACL 4.1beta) acting as a server.  I
suppose that I would also need this mechanism to start the ICAD image
in a synchronous manner if it was not already running such that the
client could communicate with it.

I presume that one could do this with the stuff in ipc.cl from the
distribution but was hoping that there was something laying around
that I could use out of the box.

Thanks for any pointers.

ba

Brian H. Anderson                     (206) 234-0881
Boeing Commercial Airplane Co.        bha@gumby.boeing.com
P.O. Box 3707 M.S. 6A-PX
Seattle, Wa. 98124-2207