[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How beginners interpret error messages
- To: Henry Lieberman <Henry%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA>
- Subject: Re: How beginners interpret error messages
- From: "Barry Margolin"@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA
- Date: Tuesday, 18 October 1983 16:24 edt
- Cc: Bug-Emacs%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA, Bug-Zwei%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Message of 18 October 1983 16:02 edt from "Henry Lieberman"
I don't think that this was necessarily her fault. It just goes to show
the value of talking to the user in complete sentences. Of course,
short error messages are better than numeric or coded ones (NIB).