[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ^X^W and GTJFN defaults
- To: ZZZ@SRI-NIC.ARPA
- Subject: Re: ^X^W and GTJFN defaults
- From: William Westfield <BILLW@MATHOM.CISCO.COM>
- Date: Tue 9 May 89 01:45:55-PDT
- Cc: bug-emacs@SRI-NIC.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <12492566205.19.ZZZ@SRI-NIC.ARPA>
Which parts of the output filename are defaulted (or can be defaulted)
when you do ^X^W is controlled by some variable whose content can vary
from site to site. For example, I have the following function which I
bind to ^X^W, which causes deafulting on write, but not on read (which
I find annoying...) See info:tecord.info for more on ET MODE$
!* -*-TECO-*- *!
!BillWs Write File:! !â© write a file with defaults!
31F[:ET MODEâ !* save old GTJFN bits, and use defaults!
@M(M.M Write_Fileâ) !* call ordinary write file routine!
F]:ET MODEâ !* restore old BITS!