[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Right Margin and Auto Wrapping of lines
- To: bug-emacs%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU
- Subject: Right Margin and Auto Wrapping of lines
- From: KAP%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1986 17:20 EDT
- Cc: kap%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU
In certain library modules of (I hate to admit it) FORTRAN source
the statements are exactly 80 characters long. Emacs (I think un-
necessarily) auto wraps lines of length 80 characters. This is
annoying since I get half as much text on the screen and all of it
should fit. The lines look like this:
c THIS IS A FORTRAN LINE MODUL000!
C THIS IS ANOTHER MODUL000!
c THIS IS A FORTRAN LINE MODUL0001
C THIS IS ANOTHER MODUL0002
Can I shut this off? Shouldn't EMACS be fixed so that it automatically
wraps one character later?