[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
DEFMACRO and &WHOLE and &lossage.
- To: Moon at MIT-AI
- Subject: DEFMACRO and &WHOLE and &lossage.
- From: George J. Carrette <GJC at MIT-MC>
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 81 16:46:00 GMT
- Cc: BUG-LISPM at MIT-MC, BUG-MACLISP at MIT-MC, KMP at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 3 December 1981 11:46-EST
&WHOLE isn't supported in VAX-NIL's Defmacro either, it would just be a special case
to check for it, if it were useful though ...
As far as "&..." words in general go, to make sure that people don't
get screwed, for example by using something that may be a good keyword
in the future, the system gobbles all "&..." words in effect by
having a pname check for them in the LAMBDA-binding section of the compiler,
and interpreter. This check doesn't cost very much and covers all possible
lossage of this class in a central location. I'd recommend it for the Lispm too.