[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
READ modifying characters.
- To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Subject: READ modifying characters.
- From: RWK at MIT-MC (Robert W. Kerns)
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 78 07:10:00 GMT
- Cc: DRB at MIT-MC, GSB at MIT-MC, RWK at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 11 JUL 1978 0310-EDT
If SETSYNTAX ~ and : to be character macros, and the macros are EQUAL
(not only for EQ, they just need to be EQUAL!) then you get very anomolous
(LIST (READ) (TYI))X~<sp> ;space to activate....
(X 72) ;X: !?!
(LIST (READ) (TYI))X:<sp>
(X 72) ;At least one of them works!
(LIST (READ) (TYIPEEK) (TYI) (TYI))X~~<sp> ;TYIPEEK sees it too,
(X 72 72 176) ;But only the first TYI sees it, after that
;TYI behaves normally
(LIST (READ) (TYIPEEK T) (TYI))X ~
(X 176 176) ;(TYIPEEK T) won't do it, and it only happens
;to the character that terminates a read.