[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
suggested compiler feature.
- To: GJC at MIT-MC
- Subject: suggested compiler feature.
- From: Howard I. Cannon <HIC at MIT-MC>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 80 03:51:00 GMT
- Cc: BUG-LISP at MIT-MC, BUG-LISPM at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 15 July 1980 23:51-EDT
The reasoning behind expanding atomic macros in lambda lists (in my mind)
is that you might define something like:
<the particular magic variable for this program>)
and you could then use MAGIC-VARIABLE all over the place and have
it be replaced automatically (this could be great for macro
packages and the like, I suspect). Anyway, that's the basic theory.