[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Multiple names for "the same" file
- To: MOON at SCRC-TENEX, AGRE at MIT-AI
- Subject: Re: Multiple names for "the same" file
- From: Robert W. Kerns <RWK at SCRC-TENEX>
- Date: Sun ,11 Apr 82 20:43:00 EDT
- Cc: BUG-ZWEI at MIT-AI, RWK at SCRC-TENEX
- In-reply-to: Your message of 11-Apr-82 1426-EST
How about a warning (in the echo area, without beep) if you read in a file
when you have another of the same NAME and TYPE but different VERSION?
Also, if two files of the same name, one type :UNSPECIFIC and one type
anything else. The check should also occur before renaming a file with
^X^W, and more actively complain if the filename would in fact be duplcated,
since this is almost certain to leave you totally confused.