[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Multiple logins to same machine
- To: NLM at MIT-AI, BUG-ZWEI at MIT-AI
- Subject: Multiple logins to same machine
- From: Robert W. Kerns <RWK at SCRC-TENEX>
- Date: Mon ,5 Apr 82 00:18:00 EDT
- Cc: RWK at SCRC-TENEX
- In-reply-to: Your message of 4-Apr-82 2312-EST
No, but it's one of the things that should be fixed by the new pathname system.
(It's not part of what was going to be changed, but while I'm at it....)
I would welcome suggestions as to exactly how it should behave. Reading files
is fairly simple, but what do you do about writing them? What if both logins
are capable of writing in a directory, which one becomes the file author?
Doing this right probably also depends on the new error system.