[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: David L. Andre <DLA at SCRC-TENEX>
- From: Robert W. Kerns <RWK at SCRC-TENEX>
- Date: Thu ,11 Mar 82 05:50:00 EDT
- Cc: MMCM at SCRC-TENEX, BUG-ZWEI at SCRC-TENEX, bug-lispm-scrc at SCRC-TENEX
- In-reply-to: The message of 10 Mar 82 18:36-EST from David L. Andre <DLA at SCRC-TENEX>
Date: Wednesday, 10 March 1982, 18:36-EST
From: David L. Andre <DLA at SCRC-TENEX>
To: MMCM at SCRC-TENEX
Cc: BUG-ZWEI at SCRC-TENEX, bug-lispm-scrc at SCRC-TENEX, DLA at SCRC-TENEX
Date: Wednesday, 10 March 1982 16:52-EST
From: MMCM at SCRC-TENEX
Date: Wednesday, 10 March 1982, 02:48-EST
From: W. E. (Todd) Matson <Matson at SCRC-POINTER>
The "Copy File" command fails when copying a file to the LOCAL: host.
It dies trying to change the creation date of the file.
The problem is really in the local file system. Probably the correct fix
is to have a default method for change-properties on si:file-stream-mixin
which passes it on to the pathname.
This won't work if the pathname is :NEWEST, as well as some other
obscure cases. :CHANGE-PROPERTIES should be made to be a required method.
The default method I added just does
(LEXPR-FUNCALL (FUNCALL-SELF ':TRUENAME) ':CHANGE-PROPERTIES ARGS)
:TRUENAME is already a required method.