[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Idea: units of insertion.
- To: RMS at MIT-AI, (BUG EMACS) at MIT-AI, (BUG ZWEI) at MIT-AI
- Subject: Re: Idea: units of insertion.
- From: Michael Travers <MT at MIT-XX>
- Date: Thu ,16 Oct 80 03:32:00 EDT
- In-reply-to: Your message of 16-Oct-80 0249-EDT
I think the "unit of insertion" idea is useful, but would find the
analogous idea of a "unit of deletion" to be even more so. This
would just involve treating any sufficiently large sequence of
single-character deletions as a kill, by pushing it onto the
kill buffer. This solves the occasional problem of rubbing out
past where you intended, and possibly losing something that is
difficult to reconstruct.