[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Finding EOF problems in files
- To: (BUG ZWEI) at MIT-AI
- Subject: Finding EOF problems in files
- From: RICH at MIT-AI (Charles Rich)
- Date: Wed ,20 Aug 80 11:45:00 EDT
Is there (or could there be) a command to check for balanced parens.
It would be nice if there was a simple command to invoke on a file to find
the problem when a LOAD failed because of CLOSE token before EOF.
Unfortunately, simply doing C-U C-U C-U M-C-F doesn't work for two reasons:
1. When the command fails to complete, it leaves the cursor where
it started, rather than where it failed.
2. M-C-F doesn't cause an error on the form () ) () ; you have to
go backward from the end of the file with M-C-B to find this problem.