[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Advice on how to save/restore editor buffers
- To: Bug-Zwei@MIT-OZ
- Subject: Advice on how to save/restore editor buffers
- From: Henry Lieberman <Henry@MIT-OZ>
- Date: Fri ,1 Jul 83 11:13:00 EDT
I would like to do the following for a Zwei application:
I would like to "save the state of the buffer" at some point,
then allow some editing operations, then later optionally
restore the saved state [edited text, point and mark]. What's
the best way to do this with the minimal amount of fuss
- Save the buffer by COPY-INTERVAL, POINT and MARK by
- As above, but make strings instead and use indices into strings.
- In the case I don't change buffers, but some buffer text
has been edited, can I avoid save/restore on the buffer interval?
- When do I need MOVES type bp's vs. NIL type bp's?