[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
C-q doesn't quote during a C-s search
- To: Daniel Weise <DANIEL at MIT-MC>
- Subject: C-q doesn't quote during a C-s search
- From: David A. Moon <Moon at SCRC-TENEX>
- Date: Wed ,25 Jul 84 22:26:00 EDT
- Cc: BUG-ZWEI at MIT-OZ
- In-reply-to: The message of 25 Jul 84 19:12-EDT from Daniel Weise <DANIEL at MIT-MC>
Date: Wednesday, 25 July 1984, 19:12-EDT
From: Daniel Weise <DANIEL at MIT-MC>
In ZWEI in Release 5.1, Experimental MIT 1.4, COLOR 5.1, FEP 18, on Lisp Machine Buddy Holly (3600):
The sequence C-s c-Q c-G ends up searching for G rather than c-G, contrary
to the documentation given by <help> during a C-s search.
There is no such character as c-G in the character set that can be placed in files.
The control, meta, hyper, super modifiers can only be entered from the keyboard;
they cannot be stored in files. But maybe there is also a bug: what character were
you actually searching for?