DELETE, SORT, ADJUST-ARRAY considered harmful

    Well, maybe the proposed syntax stinks, but perhaps some way of
    idiot-proofing destructive operations should nevertheless be found.

Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.  (Who said that?)

I don't think that it is a good idea to go back and diddle with these
old problems at this point.  Destructive operations on lists are tricky
in N other ways as well, so you've got to stop and think.  I wouldn't
mind a "chatty" compiler mode that warns of a possible problem whenever
it sees a DELETE not in a setting form, but this is not a standards-type
issue.

Since you signed this "Quux", I'll assume that you don't really want to
push it.

-- Scott