FUNCTION-TYPE

I regard this issue as a put-up-or-shut-up affair. I prefer
the formulation that states that APPLY and FUNCALL take functions,
and you have to coerce symbols and lambda-expressions to be functions
before you can APPLY or FUNCALL them to more lenient formulations.

If we do not go with this formulation, then I would say an
important design criterion of the cleanup is:

Changes that introduce or retain inconsistencies which confuse new users
and which complicate the rules of the language are preferable to changes
that cause old programs to stop working.

I think Common Lisp is so messed up that the cleanest change to
function types will not effect major improvements. Our position
with respect to EuLisp will be more difficult.

Put up or shut up: I don't care which you choose.

			-rpg-