[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: LOAD-TIME-EVAL (Version 1)
- To: Masinter.pa@XEROX.COM
- Subject: Issue: LOAD-TIME-EVAL (Version 1)
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1987 23:00 EDT
- Cc: cl-cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU, kempf%hplabsc@HPLABS.HP.COM
- In-reply-to: Msg of 8 Jun 1987 14:21-EDT from Masinter.pa at Xerox.COM
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
This looks like a good proposal in general, and it is something I would
like to see adopted. I think that this facility will be used for lots
of things besides CLOS metaclass hackery, and that a less arcane
justification would look better. I seem to recall people asking for
this long before CommonLoops or CLOS appered on the scene.
I'll see if I can come up with some straightforward and self-contained
example that needs this facility. The rest of you should do likewise.
If nobody can do better in the next day or two, I think that this
proposal could go out as is -- I don't think anyone will oppose it, even
if it is presented as an arcane hack needed only by CLOS wizards.
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>