Issue: LOAD-TIME-EVAL (Version 1)

This looks like a good proposal in general, and it is something I would
like to see adopted.  I think that this facility will be used for lots
of things besides CLOS metaclass hackery, and that a less arcane
justification would look better.  I seem to recall people asking for
this long before CommonLoops or CLOS appered on the scene.

I'll see if I can come up with some straightforward and self-contained
example that needs this facility.  The rest of you should do likewise.
If nobody can do better in the next day or two, I think that this
proposal could go out as is -- I don't think anyone will oppose it, even
if it is presented as an arcane hack needed only by CLOS wizards.

-- Scott