Re: Issue: DEFINITION-FUNCTIONS

>Just going over some old mail and found this.  I'd like to see a lot
>more motivation for all this machinery.  Does this really solve some
>useful problem, or is it extensibility for its own sake?

>-- Scott

Well, I can say that I use (a version of) this machinery frequently in
the Xerox Lisp environment, but I'm not sure it isn't because it also
interacts nicely with the residential environment.

One reason for mailing this proposal out was to allay suspicion that the
trace proposal and this one might interact.

>From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
>Date: Thu, 6 Aug 87 14:10 EDT
>cc: common-lisp-object-system@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU, Masinter.pa

. . . .