Re: OPEN-KEYWORDS

(Replying in roughly reverse order to various questions; I was out for
most of last week)

Yes, the issue was misnamed in the status report. Sorry.

I would prefer holding this issue until we get more responses. I believe
incompatible changes of well-specified behavior require strong
justification.

The only argument given here is an aesthetic one ("there's no good
reason" for it to work the way it says it works.)

I'm inclined to reject this, or at least send it back for further
justification.