Re: REMF-DESTRUCTION-UNSPECIFIED (Version 2)

I was using the word "destroy" in the sense that it is used in CLtL. To
destroy a cell means to possibly replace its CAR and/or CDR with
unspecified values. To destroy a list sequence is to replace the CAR or
CDR of any tail of the list with unspecied values.

I don't think requiring destroyed cells to be smashed with NIL will
solve any particular problems. It won't improve the style of any
program, and won't allow any implementation to be more efficient.