[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SEQUENCE-FUNCTIONS-EXCLUDE-ARRAYS (Version 4)
- To: Dave.Touretzky@C.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: SEQUENCE-FUNCTIONS-EXCLUDE-ARRAYS (Version 4)
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1987 22:25 EST
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU, Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 15 Nov 1987 15:38-EST from Dave.Touretzky
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
I like the idea of extending certain sequence functions to also work on
arrays of more than one dimension. I do NOT like the idea of
considering multi-D arrays to be sequences. This seems deeply
unintuitive to me, and it is likely to have unexpected repercussions in
other parts of the language. So I am not in favor of the
proposal as modified by Touretzky.
I'm not sure what coerce should do.