[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: PATHNAME-SYMBOL (Version 4)
- To: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Issue: PATHNAME-SYMBOL (Version 4)
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 23 Nov 87 21:30 EST
- In-reply-to: <871123-174007-3050@Xerox>
Reiterate that OPEN, WITH-OPEN-FILE, LOAD, COMPILE-FILE, RENAME-FILE,
DELETE-FILE, FILE-WRITE-DATE, FILE-AUTHOR do not allow symbols for their
file or filename argument, and that DIRECTORY does not allow a symbol
for its pathname argument. This is implied by the respective
descriptions of those functions in CLtL, but as explicitly stated.
The word "as" in the last line is probably supposed to be "not".
Otherwise this looks fine.