[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: REDUCE-ARGUMENT-EXTRACTION (version 1)
- To: pierson@multimax.ARPA
- Subject: Re: Issue: REDUCE-ARGUMENT-EXTRACTION (version 1)
- From: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 8 Dec 87 12:36 PST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Dan L. Pierson <pierson@multimax.ARPA>'s message of Mon, 07 Dec 87 18:37:19 EST
This is a good writeup. I think we should add the alternative form
(reduce #'+ (mapcar #'person-age astros))
as the most natural equivalence; the stuff with the &optional arguments is
arcane and bogus in cases where there is an initial value.
I think that it is true that
(reduce <fn> sequence :key <key-fn>) = (reduce <fn> (mapcar <key-fn> sequence))
except of course in the matter of order of evaluation.