your proposed revision

I think Larry has done a very good job on the latest draft.  However,
I must agree with KMP on one point.  In our capacity as members of X3J13,
I don't think it is wise to encourage anyone to depend on any action
of X3J13 except for a draft explicitly voted out for public examination.
To do otherwise could conceivably put us in a position of liability.

The minutes of our meetings and the records of our votes are available,
and anyone can get them and choose whether or not to track our progress.
It is not our place, however, to encourage (or discourage) someone in this.

--Guy