cover letter for issues mailing

Hi -- I've just managed to make a pass thru my backlog of mail and hope to get
the mailing ready in the next day or so. (I think this means getting it into the
mail Monday morning, which I hope is not too late.)

I propose to mail out at least the issues listed in my 14-Jan-88 message subject
Issue status: READY FOR LETTER BALLOT and those few that seem to have reached
convergence since then. (I'm not sure what those are yet, I haven't sorted out
all the mail.)