[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Common Lisp cleanup issue status to X3J13
- To: labrea!CL-CLEANUP@sail.stanford.edu
- Subject: Common Lisp cleanup issue status to X3J13
- From: Jon L White <edsel!jonl@labrea.Stanford.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 88 01:54:15 PST
- In-reply-to: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM's message of 14 Feb 88 14:54 PST <880214-145515-1510@Xerox>
Hmmmm, you did drop DEFINITION-FUNCTIONS off our list of "needs volunteers".
I still would like to take a crack at it if nobody else does. By the bye,
that's a very a misleanding name for what's wanted -- the issue was that of
adding some deletor type functions [e.g. DELETE-DEFSTRUCT, DELETE-PACKAGE,
DELETE-TYPE etc.] for any function which adds to an implicit global data
base. It might be extended more generally a la Interlisp's HASDEF facility
but . . .
This issue, along with a couple dozen others, are on my "back burner" list
of things I'd like to see "cleaned up" [for Lucid's benefit, and for the
benefit of the community at large ] but haven't seen discussed so far on
the list. I'll bring a hardcopy of this list of semi-proposals to the
X3J13 meeting, just in case there isn't enough to do!
-- JonL --