Issue: LET-TOP-LEVEL (version 1)

I have the feeling we could go on forever on this topic with subtle examples
that illustrate various points... however, it doesn't seem to be converging.

I do have a feeling that if we can come to some agreement on the notion of "top
level" vs "embedded" and "file" and a few other things like that, it would help
out a lot in resolving things in subsequent discussions.

So: the floor is open for proposals for definitions of terms.