Issue: [Not Really] LET-TOP-LEVEL (version 1)

> X3J13 had a subcommittee that was supposed to investigate the semantics
> of macros.  It appears to be defunct.

As I recall, the macro committee was the subject of some confusion.
The subcommittee was originally formed to investigate issues arising
 from Lisp1/Lisp2, and that aspect has been inactive, but I believe
Mark Wegman and Julian Padget did some work over the summer concerning
both the Lisp1/Lisp2 (name capture) issues and expansion environment
issues.  Julian reported (briefly) on this at the last X3J13, which
surprised some people who hadn't know of this revival of activity.

-- Jeff