[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: [Not Really] LET-TOP-LEVEL (version 1)
- To: KMP@scrc-stony-brook.arpa, jap%maths.bath.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK, jonl <@labrea.stanford.edu:email@example.com>
- Subject: Issue: [Not Really] LET-TOP-LEVEL (version 1)
- From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiva.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
- Date: Tue, 8 Mar 88 20:01:37 gmt
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, masinter.PA@xerox.com
> X3J13 had a subcommittee that was supposed to investigate the semantics
> of macros. It appears to be defunct.
As I recall, the macro committee was the subject of some confusion.
The subcommittee was originally formed to investigate issues arising
from Lisp1/Lisp2, and that aspect has been inactive, but I believe
Mark Wegman and Julian Padget did some work over the summer concerning
both the Lisp1/Lisp2 (name capture) issues and expansion environment
issues. Julian reported (briefly) on this at the last X3J13, which
surprised some people who hadn't know of this revival of activity.