Pending issue status

These are my notes from the subcommittee meeting. I know that I've made some
mistakes, so please send any corrections (or just questions) if you have any
different recollection.

We should have *all* of these issues ready for release by the June meeting,
which means that we need to get started  immediately.

ARRAY-TYPE-ELEMENT-TYPE-SEMANTICS
	JonL will submit a proposal, based on discussion of "The array type mess".

ADJUST-ARRAY-FILL-POINTER
	KMP (has already submitted) a proposal

COERCE-INCOMPLETE
	Pierson & Moon have comments and will mail them to CL-CLEANUP with
	cc to Ida.

CONSTANT-SIDE-EFFECTS
	To be deferred to compilation semantics committee; Walter Vanroggen
	has some comments.

DATA-TYPES-HIERARCHY-UNDERSPECIFIED
	Guy will send a proposal.

DECLARATION-SCOPE
	JonL has a comment to send, none other.

DECLARE-TYPE-EXACT
	I will mail the issue out (again?) for comment

DEFINITION-DELETE
	(Renamed from DEFINITION-FUNCTIONS). JonL will submit.

DEFMACRO-BODY-LEXICAL-ENVIRONMENT
	Defer to the compilation committee; Pavel will make his
	suggestion there.

DEFPACKAGE
	Haflich mentions that the compilation committee is looking at some
	of the same issues. I will mail the DEFPACKAGE discussion
	to Haflich, and we should cc him on mail.

DEFSTRUCT-SLOTS-CONSTRAINTS
DEFSTRUCT-DEFAULT-VALUE-EVALUATION
	Skona will write up.

EQUAL-STRUCTURE
	KMP (has already) submitted proposal.

EVAL-OTHER
	Guy will mail opposition.

EXPORT-IMPORT (really withdrawn)

FILE-LENGTH-PATHNAME
	I have two notes, one is "withdrawn" and the other is "may return NIL".
	I think the first is correct.

FILE-WRITE-DATE-IF-NOT-EXISTS
	KMP will incorporate in the list-of-signals part of the signal proposal

FORMAT-NEGATIVE-PARAMETERS
	KMP will incorporate in the list-of-signals part of the signal proposal

FUNCTION-ARGUMENT-TYPE-SEMANTICS
	Eric Benson and Walter Vanroggen will submit a proposal based
	on current practice.

FUNCTION-SPECS
	Defer to the definition-specs subcommittee

GC-MESSAGES
	Withdrawn for good this time

LAMBDA-LIST-DUPLICATES
	Agree to outlaw in all cases. May need a clarification, depending on
	what CLtL says.

LAST-N
	Ready for release

LET-TOP-LEVEL
	Defer to compilation committee

LISP-SYMBOL-DEFINITION
	Masinter to write-up, it is an error to redefine Lisp symbols.

LOAD-TIME-EVAL
	KMP and Moon will wrangle out. The compilation committee
	is also looking at this issue so coordination is required.

MACRO-FUNCTION-ENVIRONMENT
	Pavel will write up

MAPPING-DESTRUCTIVE-INTERACTION
	KMP will mail new version

PATHNAME-SUBDIRECTORY-LIST
PATHNAME-UNSPECIFIC-COMPONENT
	Moon and Pierson will work out a proposal. (I will send back mail
	to Pierson.)

PEEK-CHAR-READ-CHAR-ECHO
	I will remail issue and discussion to this list.

PROCLAIM-LEXICAL
	JonL will submit a new proposal.

prompt-for
	Withdrawn, this time for good.

REMF-DESTRUCTION-UNSPECIFIED
	I will send back mail to Dussud

REMF-MULTIPLE
	Yes, needs clarification

REQUIRE-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS
	Moon will send proposal to remove REQUIRE from language

REST-LIST-ALLOCATION
	Moon will send proposal

SETF-METHOD-FOR-SYMBOL
	Withdrawn, subsumed by SETF-SUB-METHODS

SETF-SUB-METHODS
	Continue mail discussion

SHARPSIGN-PLUS-MINUS-NUMBER
	Codify current practice: allowed, read in base 10.

SHARPSIGN-BACKSLASH-BITS
	Withdrawn (defer to character committee).

SPECIAL-FORM-SHADOW
	To be merged with LISP-SYMBOL-REDEFINITION

SPECIAL-VARIABLE-TEST
	JonL has a comment, but a nit.

STANDARD-INPUT-INITIAL-BINDING
	Pierson will send a new version

STEP-ENVIRONMENT
	Moon will separate into STEP-ENVIRONMENT and TIME-ENVIRONMENT.

STREAM-CLASS-ACCESS
	I will revive FOLLOW-SYNONYM-STREAM as a separate proposal.
	Walter will mail comments on current practice in VaxLisp

STRUCTURE-DEFINITION-ACCESS
	I will revive, mail comments

SUBSEQ-OUT-OF-BOUNDS
	Steele will send proposal

TAILP-NIL
	I will mail again

TRACE-FUNCTION-ONLY
	I will send a proposal to make TRACE undefined

UNWIND-PROTECT-CLEANUP-NON-LOCAL-EXIT
	JonL and Moon have comments. Moon has a
	description of stack model and unwind as atomic.

VECTOR-PUH-EXTEND-DEFAULT
	Withdrawn

My notes also have that we would entertain (again) adding EXIT and GC as common
names to the implementation dependent operations of "leave Lisp" and "initiate
garbage collection".