Issue SUBSEQ-OUT-OF-BOUNDS

   Date: Fri, 25 Mar 88 17:10 EST
   From: David A. Moon <Moon@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

   I support SUBSEQ-OUT-OF-BOUNDS:IS-AN-ERROR, however I think we need
   to be clearer about whether the upper bound is the fill-pointer or
   the actual array length.  I remember that this was controversial before.
   Your rationale and esthetics could be taken as arguments for using the
   actual array length.  A close reading of your proposal shows that it
   proposes using the fill pointer.  Current practice in Symbolics Genera
   is to use the fill pointer; I didn't check whether your other current
   practice entries referred to the fill pointer or the actual array length.

Right.  The reference to LENGTH was intended to establish that the
fill pointer governs.

   Also be clearer that the start must less than or equal to the end even
   if the end was defaulted or NIL.

Good point, thank you.

   In the cost to users section, I believe you have a typo, "not" where
   you mean "now".  This is one of those commonly made unfortunate typos
   that reverses the meaning of a sentence.

OOPS.  I will double-check that.