Re: Issue: STEP-ENVIRONMENT

    Date: 23 May 88 16:02 PDT
    From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM

    While I believe it makes sense for TIME to be a macro, it makes less sense for
    STEP to do so.

    My notes say that "Moon will separate this out into STEP-ENVIRONMENT and
    TIME-ENVIRONMENT", but it seems like make-work to me. I like the proposal
    basically in the form that David submitted it.

    If we want to add to the Current Practice, you might want to mention that both
    STEP and TIME are macros in Lucid Common Lisp (although the macro definition for
    STEP baffles me), and that in Xerox Common Lisp, STEP is a special form and TIME
    is a macro.

I don't think I can find the time to do any more work on this one.
If someone else would like to, I certainly won't complain.