[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: STEP-ENVIRONMENT
- To: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: Issue: STEP-ENVIRONMENT
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 88 16:42 EDT
- In-reply-to: <880523-160252-5606@Xerox>
Date: 23 May 88 16:02 PDT
While I believe it makes sense for TIME to be a macro, it makes less sense for
STEP to do so.
My notes say that "Moon will separate this out into STEP-ENVIRONMENT and
TIME-ENVIRONMENT", but it seems like make-work to me. I like the proposal
basically in the form that David submitted it.
If we want to add to the Current Practice, you might want to mention that both
STEP and TIME are macros in Lucid Common Lisp (although the macro definition for
STEP baffles me), and that in Xerox Common Lisp, STEP is a special form and TIME
is a macro.
I don't think I can find the time to do any more work on this one.
If someone else would like to, I certainly won't complain.