Re: Issue: STREAM-INFO (Version 4)

While relying on implementation-specific heuristics for implementation-specific
streams seems right to me, it seems less clear for streams that are created
using otherwise portable mechanisms. For example, we could define that for
string streams created , the line width is the value of *string-stream-width*
(and encapsulated in the stream), where NIL means infinite,  and that the unit
of width is 1 and that every character takes exactly 1 character, that
two-way-streams and echo-streams inherit the position and width of their output
streams, that broadcast streams inherit from their first component.