Issue: PATHNAME-CANONICAL-TYPE (Version 1)

In many environments where lisps operate, "binary" refers to something other
than compiled lisp files (e.g., the executable files of the host system).
Therefore I think the use of :BIN for compiled lisp code is a bad choice, as
it precludes the use of :BIN for implementation-dependent local extensions
where :BIN might be the most natural name (I can imagine some such
implementations ending up with both :BIN and :BINARY, and you have to remember
which is which).  I would prefer :COMPILED-LISP.  Of course implementations
would be free to accept :BIN as a synonym for :COMPILED-LISP (especially in
the cases where compiled lisp files ARE in fact the executable files of the
host system :-).

If you'd prefer something terse, I'd suggest :COMPILED or :LOAD.