Re: Issue: PATHNAME-COMPONENT-CASE (Version 1)

This proposal to use case to control the canonicalization of case in
pathname components looks to me like it would cause confusion and paralysis
of truly awesome propotions.  For that reason, I am strongly opposed to
this proposal in its current form.

If we need a way to canonicalize the case of various pathname fields, maybe
we should have a CANONICALIZE-CASE function that takes a string and a
file-system type and does the proper case-conversion.

-- Scott