required libraries to reduce image size

I see nothing in Common Lisp as it stands that prevents an implementation
 from having sequence functions or some other part of Common Lisp auto-loaded
upon demand.  While this does not eliminate the space in the image for the
symbols identifying the autoloaded functions, this overhead should be only
a few K, at most.  Would this suffice as a substitute for Masinter's suggestion
that parts of the standard be in required libraries?  Since it seems permissible
already, perhaps this might eliminate some debate over what should be in such
libraries, etc.
--Joe Ginder
Larry: Sorry for no direct reply, my mailer seems to be unable to parse your
return address!  Sigh.