Issue: TAIL-RECURSION-OPTIMIZATION (Version 1)

I support this proposal completely, assuming it is reworded as you
indicate.  In fact, Lucid has already implemented and documented this
proposal, exactly as you describe it.  Early function binding is done
on all self calls, not just self tail calls, unless the function is
declared or proclaimed NOTINLINE.  In our model, SPEED=0 means
everything is NOTINLINE.  This is in knowing violation of the Law
(civil disobedience?), but we have never to my knowledge received a
bug report from a customer about it.