Issue: LAMBDA-CAR-OF-FORM (was LAMBDA-IS-OPERATOR)

I'll take the perogative of renaming the issue.

I've always had a hard time with the "problem" in this one -- the problem is
that you have to say #'(LAMBDA ...) instead of (LAMBDA ...).  However, the
proposal increases the number of special forms, since it doesn't eliminate the
need for FUNCTION.  Does it make the language better to have more special forms?

Frankly, your argument about Higher-order vs Meta-programming doesn't do much
for me; its an interesting way of looking at the problem, but is it really
relevant to this issue?