Re: Issue: ROOM-DEFAULT-ARGUMENT (Version 1)

As for current practice:

Envos Medley (I guess I should say that instead of Xerox Common Lisp?)
implements

(room &optional types page-limit in-use-limit)

I suppose as an "extension" to CLtL. Types is a list of type names to report
storage usage for (defaults to all), and page-limit and in-use-limit also
constrain the types reported (since the allocation scheme allow distinguishing
storage use by type).

Imagine two other proposals:

ROOM-DEFAULT-ARGUMENT:MAKE-EXPLICITLY-VAGUE (what ROOM does and what its
arguments beyond (ROOM) do are non-portable),

ROOM-DEFAULT-ARGUMENT:REMOVE  (remove ROOM from the standard)

ROOM-DEFAULT-ARGUMENT:MAKE-KEYWORD (implementations can add arbitrary keywords
to ROOM, that can be interpreted however they want, except that they have to
(ROOM &ALLOW-OTHER-KEYS)).

My vote:  I'd go for MAKE-EXPLICITLY-VAGUE first and ALLOW-OTHER-KEYS second
over the other two.