proposal LOAD-TIME-EVAL:REVISED-NEW-SPECIAL-FORM

    Date: Tue, 20 Sep 88 17:10:12 pdt
    From: Eric Benson <eb@lucid.com>

    ... I would prefer to remove #, and its functionality altogether from
    the language.  It just isn't that important.  I have yet to see any
    use for #, which could not have been achieved by other means.

Sigh. I simply don't believe this claim.  We had this whole discussion
on CL-Compiler because CL-Cleanup yielded up responsibility for it.
There were several people making the same claim as you who are now
sounding swayed by the discussion. If necessary, I will send you and the
others copies of the mail dealing with this topic so you can pick up
where that discussion left off without our needlessly duplicating the
work we've already been through on this.