Re: Issue: PRINT-PRETTY-HOOK (version 1)

I thought at one time that extensions to prettyprint were going to be handled as
specializations to a standard generic function in the same way that print-object
is specializable. I'd like at least to make sure that this is present.

There's too much that the prettyprinter needs to do "right" that a portable
prettyprinter can't do, that I wonder if this really solves the problem. That is
"while it is easy for a user to write a pretty printer" is it really easy for a
user to write a correct pretty printer? One that can deal with *print-circle*,
for example?