Re: Issue: STREAM-INFO (Version 4)

I can think of several reasons for allowing these functions to return rationals
rather than integers. For example, if I have a mainly-fixed-width font, except
with a couple of oddball characters. It may be difficult and computationally
expensive to compute the lcm of the denominators of all of the rational widths
in a given postscript font -- especially if font metrics are normally
demand-loaded.

It would be more useful to remove any requirement on the scaling of the values;
if you want to print a short space, you can
 (let((dot (printed-width ".")))
 	(if dot  (write-space dot) (princ " ")))